Winter Home Checklist
It's time to either bundle up outside or head inside and stay cozy for the winter, which means it's time to complete your seasonal home maintenance check. Below you will find some tips and checklists to help keep your home looking great and operating properly for winter!
You can also check out our Winter Checklist video here:
- Check and reset ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) in bathrooms and the main electrical panel
- Test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- Clean or replace your furnace filter
- Check or clean your heat recovery ventilator (HRV); wash or replace the filter if necessary
- If possible, carefully remove snow or ice from roof overhangs and vents
- Check roofing and flashing for signs of wear or damage
- Clear snow and ice from your walkways and driveways to avoid potential damage through the freeze/thaw cycles
- Check and reset ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) in exterior outlets
- Check and ensure that air intakes, exhausts & meters are clear of snow
For more information please visit the Alberta New Home Warranty website to learn more about each step for maintaining your new home.