Handmade Holiday Gifts
‘Tis the season for spreading joy, cheer and merriment. It’s also the perfect time of year to spend a little more time with the ones you love. We feel that creating handmade gifts for friends and family is a wonderful way to capture the spirit of the season. Many of our favourite finds are easy to make and perfect for tiny hands to help with. So crank up the carols, throw a log on the fire and get Christmas crafty with the kids.
- Give a Hoot. How completely gorgeous is this trio of felt and pinecone owls? We adore the soft grays and muted blues, but feel free to change up the felt colours to suit your taste. Source: Liagriffith
- Oh Christmas Tree. With a handful of colourful buttons, a few popsicle sticks, paint and bit of glue you can create this lovely little Christmas tree ornament.
Source: Ginger Snap Crafts
- A Sweet Little Reindeer. Your kids will love to help make these tasty little reindeer hot cocoa jars as gifts for their friends. Be sure to have a few extra marshmallows and kisses on hand, as it’s likely some of your supplies will disappear during the craft. Source: Design Dazzle
- Cinnamon and Spice. These simple three-ingredient ornaments are a unique fragrant alternative to traditional salt dough and are totally kid friendly.
Source: Katy Elliott Blog
- Just a Sprinkle. There are so many creative decorations you make using clear glass baubles. Fill them with anything from buttons and confetti, to tiny pinecones or photos. Your kids will be over the moon with this sweet option.
Source: Little Gray Fox Blog
- A Bright Idea. Recycle burnt out light bulbs into beautiful and festive tree ornaments. Creative and environmentally friendly, and a total win with kids.
Source: Home and Garden
- Send some Love. Handmade cards a wonderful way to keep in touch with loved ones. These potato stamp penguin cards won us over immediately.
The team at Excel Homes wishes you and yours a warm and wonderful holiday season, filled with lots of love and laughter!