Excel Organization Series: Gorgeous Garages
June 14, 2016
- Clear it Out. Take a complete inventory of your garage and be ruthless. The goal? Eliminate as many useless, broken and unused items as possible.
- Clean it Up. Sweep, scrub, polish and perhaps even paint. The more pristine your garage looks, the more likely you are to maintain it.
- Get Your Group On. Categorize your items for storage by use and season. Once everything is sorted and stored neatly in plastic bins, grab your gun and start labeling.
- Get Vertical. Use your garage walls and ceiling for storage. Overhead shelving, wall mounted bike racks and grid organizers will drastically increase the amount of available storage space.
- Marvelous Mud Room. If you have an attached garage, create a mini mudroom. Store wet boots, bulky backpacks, umbrellas and jackets without cluttering up your entryway.
- Organization Inspiration. For more DIY tips and tricks check out these 28 Brilliant Garage Organization Ideas.
By- Mhairri Woodhall